Friday, September 12, 2014

My Dreams Fulfilled

Today, as I sit and lazily look upon my quiet life, I am surprised at how many of my dreams have been realized. 

I have not been consciously or actively seeking to turn my dreams into a reality because I have had no opportunity to do them. So I have pushed them back into the recesses of my mind and given them up as part of my past, losing interest and hope.

Lately, with the event of technology and internet, opportunities that weren't available 15 years ago have presented themselves recently to me! Surprisingly, and fortunately, my little efforts at writing and research have paid off. I am very grateful for the people who were instrumental to my "big break". More importantly, I am thankful that my God up above has deigned to grant me what my heart desired after years of waiting and days of praying. 

Yes, years of waiting and just days of praying. I am ashamed to admit that I am not a regular "pray-or." I try, but I always feel lacking in my prayer life (that's another story). But I am proud to say from experience, that this will never stop Him from answering quickly. Even with underlying fears, I guess now with God, I can start dreaming again --- and dream big! 

So, what were my secret wishes? Nothing big, just a little wishful thinking which I will leave up in the air for you to guess. But the real lesson I've learned here is, to WAIT and NOT give up. There is always a time for everything... even BIG dreams!

***

What are your dreams? Have you waited and prayed about them?
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment