Wednesday, September 5, 2012

DIY Bills Organizer

With the push for recycling and loving Mother Nature, I loathed having to throw out envelopes that come in the mail bringing in my bills. They get used only once if I don't find a way to reuse them. So, I found an easy DIY that's quite useful when it is that time of the month: PAYING THE BILLS. :)

These are the things we will need:
some used envelopes, of the same size
scissors
paste or paper glue
a colorful page from an old magazine
First, cut open the top part of the envelopes instead of opening the mail through its flap. Second, stack 4 to 5  envelopes and glue them together.
To make your organizer sturdier, spread glue over all the envelopes' surface.

Leave a bit, about 1/2 inch from the sides, free from glue.
It will look like an accordion.
Next, attach the colorful page and glue to cover your "accordion" with the excess part of the page acting as flap.
Mine had no excess paper, so I had to cut  out another piece  to make a flap.
Attach labels to organize your bills. 

Label according to your electric, phone, credit card or other bills.
So, ta-dahhhh! here's the final picture of my new Bill Organizer. It is pretty enough to show off :) I plan to make another one to organize all my bank accounts, too! :)
I just love the color blocking!

What else can you do to recycle old mailing envelopes? I'm sure you'll be able to think up of more creative "re-uses".

No comments:

Post a Comment