Sunday, August 12, 2012

DIY

 I have always loved crafts. And DIYs always made me happy. So one day, I got inspired to make a couple projects after watching some YouTube clips.

For so many times, I get frustrated when I get home and I had to use my house keys to open the front door. They all look alike and I had the not-so-brilliant idea of identifying them with the use of teeny-tiny masking tapes.
they could be triplets for all i know! hehe
The labels aren't much help when I get home after dark. So, I decided that this ends here! hehe...I found some old almost-dried out nail polishes, and chose the most virulent colors among them all! These are my choices.
bright blood red, glittering copper, and insulting violet
would have been really fugly on MY nails!
(NOTE: I just made up those names, hehe!)
I didn't even bother removing the keys from their ring. I just slapped on some polishes on them, one by one, in just one coat. I let them dry for a few minutes and then, voilà ! Problem is solved!! 
They now look so pretty!
You can paint just one side like I did here, or both sides if you're more patient than I was. :)

The next project I did was painting my nails, for the first time with nail art. I had some nail art done way back in 2010, but that was done by a professional. Here's a trip back to my past life.
flower power
me, circa 2010....wearing my nail-art and some hideous pimples, ugh! :)
For P20 a pop, it doesn't cost much here to pay a manicurist to do some simple nail-art for you, but I wanted to see if I could do it on myself. So, I got my polishes ready, some nail polish remover, a disposable paper surface to work on, and most important thing of all, my improvised dotting tool. 
till up to this moment, I haven't decided on which colors nor design I was going to do!

How to make a dotting tool? Simple! Just grab a pencil (with an eraser) and stick in a pin on it as far as it would go! 
Like so! Simple, right?
Now, I've decided on not being too ambitious with my design coz I didn't have such a steady hand. I used to attempt French manicures on myself, but they never turned out any good. See my basic design :)
purple flowers on pink nail polish
I had to practice first on paper, but it was quite easy...easier than I thought, and easier to do than French tips. 
did the left hand first...
...and the right next!
for an up-close look. TA-dAHHH! :)
I have to say, DIYs are DIYs because they are so doable. With a little time and effort, it doesn't really cost you much to create something beautiful you can be proud of.



What have you done lately that's beautiful and you are still proud of? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment