Saturday, August 11, 2012

Got Bored? Blog.

July has been rainy. Typhoons have struck the country and many families have been displaced and affected by the resulting flashfloods and landslides. This has been the norm since the past last years, but each story in the news doesn't make it less tragic.

At my end, I was often stuck indoors and Facebook just could not sustain me. So I kept busy by taking care of my Snowflake. 

I'm so glad Snowflake is turning out to be such a low-maintenance pet. She eats up all the food I give her without any drama and complaint. I've given her a good scrubbing during her baths and this really pleases her. She stays put now, unlike in the past. 

 After her latest one last week, she was clean and tick-free enough to merit playtime with me inside the house. 
Looking like an angel right after her bath :)

She has met some new friends and I think they quite like her, for they whispered stories into her ear as soon as they met!
Ang mga chismosa sa amon kusina. LOL.

During one of the nice days of good weather, Mama and I took a road trip to San Carlos. My, but the snake-like road through Don Salvador Benedicto almost made me swear off travelling. It was a good thing we were welcomed by a glass of the sweetest buko juice I have ever had in my whole life. That was compensation enough! :) 

Also, we were able to stop at a landmark area and take in the beautiful mountain view that could take your breath away.
The Lion, without a wardrobe :)
the bewitching beauty amidst the gardens

the mini-rice terraces that is pleasing to the eyes

the house-owner must love adventures and cliffhangers!

This month, I finally had the opportunity to bond with two of my close friends. Che accompanied me to a salon and we exchanged news and caught up with the latest while I had my hair done. See the difference some juicy news magically had on my hair! LOL.
BEFORE: untamed and dull hair :(
AFTER: frizz-free and shiny hair :)
(never mind my new shell-shocked look, hehe )

My friend Jazz visited for a few days and we made a beeline to a spa for a massage. We also enjoyed dining out and experiencing Bacolod's varied menu and Lacson's best.
Chocolate Bomb or something, at Calea. With a Kiwi Granita.
Shopping for some groceries for mama (such good daughters! haha)
At the bar in Trattoria Uma.
the salad I would like to devour again and again. With a pitcher of lemonade.
Ahhh..!
 Salsiccie All'Uva con Insalata Mista is a "warm salad of homemade Italian sausage
 sauteed with white wine and grapes, organic greens, tomatoes and balsamic glaze".
Pizza with mushrooms....my 3rd slice, by the by :)
Celebrating in advance, my latest birthday, at L'Chalet roofdeck.
Had to have our last hurrah before Jazz flies out in the morning.

That's right! This month, I turned another year older!...and here are the photos to prove it :)
Breakfast was a simple affair after Holy Mass...
...until Manong Roger, the roving vendor, tempted us with his wares. THIS!
Dinner was also basic.
 With just pancit lomi, for long life;
Black Sambo for a sweet life;
And a bottle of wine, for some  intriguing pizzazz in life!
Officially, 37. Behaviorally, 12. LOL.

Although July was wet and gloomy, this post made me see that it was still such a blessing to be alive even in bad weather. There is a lot to be thankful for.



To GOD be the glory, thanks, and praises!

No comments:

Post a Comment