Wednesday, September 14, 2011

my happiness menu - Part 2

The past weeks have been hectic. I was quite occupied doing what was on my happiness menu. Here are some of what I have done lately.


DO GOOD, FEEL GOOD!
1. Sign up to be an organ donor and remember to tell your family.
 I don't know how to go about this, so instead I made care packages that i plan to give to an orphanage. Resurrecting old paper bags that will hold some basic toiletries, I was able to assemble about 12 sets for donation.

 2. Give $25 or more to a worthy cause.
 I don't have a lot of money but as the GK ideal goes, "No one is too poor that he cannot share; no one is too rich that he cannot care."  A couple of weeks ago, UNICEF was at the SM Mall campaigning for donors who want to share their blessings with the less fortunate children in North Cotabato. At first, I was hesitant to commit, but finally I bit the bullet and became a Champion for Children. On how to become one, too, click  here. You can also donate online, one-time or monthly.
  And you know that screen that asks you to donate to WWF when you withdraw from BDO ATMs?  i finally clicked "Donate P5.00" instead of the "Donate Later" button. It felt good, and still feels like the best P5 i ever spent. Try it! :)

 3. Sign up to volunteer or participate in an organization.
  Being involved in our Church as one of the lectors in the past year has made me want to serve more, so I voluntarily promote our chaplaincy, Our Lady Of Compassion Chaplaincy. 
This Thursday, September 15, will be Our Lady's feast and there will be a mass at 6PM. I helped out by making some candles to be given to sponsors as souvenirs. The candles will be lit during offertory and placed at Our Lady's feet.


Volunteering sure is fun, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment