Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Happiness Menu - Part 1 - All Done!

Last September, I made plans for fun that would cheer me up. It included travelling to Singapore, watching a concert, and going to the beach. It was only yesterday that i completely fulfilled my happiness list.


 Visiting Singapore in late October


 I went on an off-peak season, just before halloween. I was on a budget (less than 5K) so I chose to fly with Tiger Airways from Cebu. It wasn't as bad as I expected (based on what i've read on many comments and threads about the airline). My flight with Cebu Pacific from Bacolod departed earlier than scheduled and Tiger was also on time. There was one glitch in my travel plans though (but it turned out for the best). Tiger cancelled and rescheduled my flight a day later, so i was left with only two days to spend in Singapore. 


 With only two days to roam the city, i decided to skip the theme parks and do the offbeat path. Day 1 was all about the Jurong gardens (the Chinese Garden and the Japanese Garden next to it) in the morning. The gardens were almost deserted and i almost had it to myself.
east entrance to Chinese Garden
the bridge that leads to the Japanese Garden
had to skip the Tortoise Museum due to time constraints
Hua Mulan was one of the eight legendary heroes honored in the Chinese Garden  
After the gardens, it was on to the Marina Bay Sands experience to meet up with my friends.
from left: the Helix Bridge, Art Science Museum, and Marina Bay Sands
with friends and the Merlion at the MBS


 Day 2 was the unexpected shopping "spree" at a warehouse sale in McPherson Road, and pasalubong shopping in Lucky Plaza. The Orchid Garden @ the Botanical Gardens was a hectic stroll sandwiched between shopping and dining in Wisma at Orchard Road. 

 
it was raining off and on, but still we toured the Botanical Gardens
my friend and i went gaga over souvenir items at Lucky Plaza!

dinner and laughter with high school classmates in Wisma
dirty ice cream dessert that didn't taste dirty...AT ALL! yummm :)
strolling along Orchard Road at night was fun...my girlfriends and i also watched a live fashion event nearby..for FREE!!!
...while eating our dirty ice creams, of course :)

 Two days weren't enough to explore fully what Singapore had to offer, but it was an amazing time that i had with great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment